10 SUPER HACKS:
– PACKING AND SHOPPING
– WHAT TO DO
– CHERISH MEMORIES AND MONETISE
1 1. Why vacation: Decide why you are going on vacation
The why will take care of the primary purpose of vacation. The option may include:
- is it a luxury trip
- laid back relaxing trip
- lots of sightseeing trip
- for change of environment
2 WHO is going: This will decide the travellers
Who all is going means decide whether
- it is a family vacation
- it is a group tour with family and friends
- taking an independent tour or a group tour from a travel agent
3 Where: It will decide where you want to go for vacations
After you decide on your purpose of a vacation, next you need to brainstorm, where you want to go on vacation. Ensure you involve all family members to arrive at a common location.
This may decide your options for travel like:
- beach holidays
- hill stations/mountain
- overseas vacation
4 When: it will decide your schedule for travel
When will decide your actual travel dates and itinerary?
Depending on the location like a single location or multi location, the details need to be planned out.
Keep some backup schedule dates while doing the booking, you may need some alternate plan also
5 HOW : It will decide the mode of transportation and local transport arrangements
HOW will decide the mode of travel. Depending on the location, needs to decide:
- Train travel
- By air
- Local sightseeing arrangements
6 BUDGET: Prepare a budget estimate for your vacation
Budgeting is very important for a vacation to avoid any later heartburn or shocks.
Though the major expenses include travel arrangement and lodging sometimes other expenses are also major depending on the location and itinerary
Keep provision for :
- Travel arrangements (main and local sightseeing)
- Lodging/hotel cost
- Meal cost (see whether included in lodging as part of the package or not)
- Sightseeing entry tickets(sometimes become a major cost especially overseas)
- Keep provision for shopping/gifts etc
7 BOOKINGS: Start booking in advance
BOOKING preferably in advance:
- start booking travel arrangements and hotels much in advance once the schedule is ready
- advance booking will help in getting better discounting rates and packages
- this also allows you to tweak the schedule if required
- avoid traveling without bookings to avoid spoiling the mood at the last moment issues
8 PACKING LIST AND SHOPPING
PACKING LIST AND RELATED SHOPPING:
- Start preparing the packing list. Always good to have a mast packing list and keep tweaking with every travel according to the destination
- keep doing the related shopping and note the item to be purchased just a few days before like eatables etc.
- avoid last minute rush for other purchases
- keep a check on suitcases also to avoid last minutes surprises like luggage was broken etc
- WARNING: depending on the mode of travel, keep your luggage light but sufficient to enjoy the travel
9 EXPLORE and RESEARCH for local sight seeing
Research the location to list down the sightseeing places.
Try visualizing the place as the first round before you actually execute it.
Some people prefer it as an adventure trip to enjoy as it comes.
It depends on the nature of each traveling whether you need enough planning or want an adventure trip.
According do enough research of the place selected for the vacation
10 SHARE YOUR MEMORIES
CHERISH & MONETISE
- have good execution of the planned trip and enjoy to the fullest
- Cherish your memories once you are back
- Share your memories online via a blog, youtube, etc
- Make a business out of it.